Thursday, January 21, 2010

Update - Blankets for Haiti

During the past few days, I have been researching the best material to use for making blankets for Haiti. I have found that the best possible material is polartec 100 (100% polyester), which is the lightest weight fleece. It is ideal for Haiti's climate and it can be easily handwashed and quickly air dried. *Please do not send knit, crochet or quilted blankets, as these will not be practical for intended use. I am currently looking into an online source for polartec 100. When I find the best source, I will be sure to post a link.

In the next week, I will also post a blanket tutorial with dimensions for two different sizes. This is intended as a general guideline - it is not absolutely necessary to follow it. These blankets will be very easy to make - a simple cut to size, blanket stitch around the edges, or add an edging like the blanket pictured. You can also add a creative applique, such as the heart Lorena recommended (which I love). Be creative and design from your heart!

Please tell all of your creative friends about this blanket drive. We need a sizable group to sign on to sew. Please help keep a child from Haiti warm with your love and support.

If you are not able to leave a comment to say that you'll join us but are interested in participating, please email me at Lisa@Rosamundcreations.com.

Thanks so much!

5 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by my blog!

    i love wilderness fam nat's coconut oil, too. great stuff but it's a mail order only as $18 bucks for a little jar isnt happening in this house :)

    love your haiti work, here. awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please sign me up. I am looking forward to your tutorial, and I will head to Joann's and get some polortec

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in for some blankets! We'll get some fleece this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for your support!

    ReplyDelete